How confident is your child?
If you’d like to learn how to develop your child’s confidence, conduct and concentration, you NEED to take the breakthrough area assessment! It will give you unique insights into your child’s 3Cs, click the link to access:
Every parent desires to raise confident, healthy, and happy children fully prepared for life’s challenges. However, parenting advice varies significantly, making it a daunting task. In this episode, the host shares five essential strategies to build self-confidence in children while highlighting five common pitfalls to avoid. Confidence is a lifelong skill that can be nurtured by providing opportunities for competence, acknowledging positive attitudes, investing in interests, setting and pursuing goals, and leading by example. Additionally, not preventing failure, offering easy tasks, showing unconditional love, and avoiding conditional affection are equally crucial aspects of building children’s self-esteem.
Strategies to Raise Self-Confident Children:
– Lead by Example: Model self-confidence and a can-do attitude for your children.
– Say Yes: Encourage your children to embrace new activities and face unfamiliar challenges.
– Acknowledge Attitude: Praise positive attitudes and efforts, emphasizing character over achievements.
– Invest in Interests: Listen to your children’s passions and invest time and resources to support their interests.
– Work on Goals: Teach your children to set and pursue goals, fostering perseverance and patience.
Pitfalls to Avoid:
– Doing Everything: Encourage your children to take responsibility and perform tasks on their own.
– Preventing Failure: Allow your children to experience and learn from failure, promoting resilience and perseverance.
– Easy Tasks: Provide a balance between challenging and easier tasks to build competence.
– Conditional Love: Ensure that your children know your love is not dependent on their performance.
– Withholding Affection: Offer love and encouragement, even when your children face difficulties or disappointments.
If you found these insights valuable and want to continue receiving character development guidance and strategies, please subscribe to the podcast on Spotify and YouTube. For an in-depth understanding of your child’s three C’s (competence, conduct, and concentration), take the Breakthrough Area Assessment at www.breakthrougharea.com.
Thank you for being a part of the Warrior Academy Podcast, and we look forward to your continued support.
Follow Warrior Academy
Watch the episodes on Youtube as well: https://youtu.be/GLt5fnHdKgk
Follow Sebastian Bates:
Sponsor: Shield Ubiquitous. Our manager Harlem can answer any questions you have about the Shield team. Book a call here https://calendly.com/ubiquitousharlemmillado/30min?month=2023-06