This week in our Martial Arts classes in Wiltshire and Somerset: A few updates from Warrior Academy Instructor Matt
Update from Instructor Matt:
A Black Belt is a White Belt that never gave up.
Well this week at The Warrior Academy our students have taken one step closer. Overcoming their fears when standing up to complete our Leadership test, pushing their limits when faced with the Fitness test. Building confidence, character and quality values while becoming amazing martial artists! We are very proud of all of our students after this weeks gradings. All have taken on massive challenges, whether they were grading or just helping and supporting their fellow students through the grading, they all completely smashed it! Also like to take this opportunity to thank all parents who came and watched. It’s great to have such positive feedback and to see so many coming to offer support, really makes a massive difference so thank you!
Next week will be another big week that I am sure every one of our aspiring warriors is looking forward to. Belt Presentation. It is a massive deal for Instructors and students when they move up a belt. It symbolises that they have increased their knowledge and skill within our unique syllabus of martial arts. Our programme is all about realistic application of self defence and competitive martial arts techniques with vast range of influences, mostly from the arts of Tae Kwon Do and Muay Thai. Along with the belts we have the additional star awards. They are as follows:
- Red star is for Self control. Means that your young warrior excelled in their self control test.
- Yellow star is for Leadership. Congratulates them for being loud and confident during their leadership test or for taking on the challenge although they find it difficult.
- Green star is for Perseverance. You get out of life what you put in. We always instil good work ethics into our students whether that means coming to class injured with a pad and pen or working out how to do your techniques with a limb in cast! Sets them up for the challenges life brings and builds strong characters.
- Black star is for Respect. A quality we see in all of our students, just shows your aspiring warrior is on the right path.
- Blue is the Grading Award. This is the most prestigious award we can give. Shows that this student was outstanding in their grading displaying all the above.
These help emphasise the values we need to become a good martial artist and help us to reach our full potential in whatever we do later in life.
After belt presentation the focus of our classes over the next few weeks will be competition prep. Starting with sparring next week, building confidence and skill before the big day which is promising to be a great day for all students old and new. We will also be working on board breaking techniques and weapons patterns! The next few weeks are going to be action packed and loads of fun! Look forward to seeing you all there!
TRY OUR SEARCH FUNCTION FOR CLUBS IN YOUR AREA NOW…
www.warrioracademy.co.uk/trial – Martial Arts classes in Wiltshire and Somerset